- Callaway High School
JPS Schools to Hold Smart Restart Drill Days for All In-Person Learners
|Smart Restart Drill Days will give in-person scholars a chance to practice the procedures and protocols put in place for their safety before school starts on January 19.|
January 8, 2021
Jackson Public Schools will hold Smart Restart Drill Days on January 13 and 14. This will give school personnel and scholars who selected in-person learning for the second semester an opportunity to run through procedures and expectations before they return for classes on January 19. The schedule of important dates below is provided for reference.
- Virtual learning for all scholars.
- Elementary Schools – All Scholars
- Middle Schools – Cohort 1. Students whose last names begin with letters A-L.
- High Schools – B Day Scholars (Grades 11 & 12)
- Elementary Schools – No Scholars
- Middle Schools – Cohort 2. Students whose last names begin with letters M-Z.
- High Schools – A Day Scholars (Grades 9 & 10)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- First day of in-person learning. (Middle school and high school students should follow the schedules for attendance provided by their schools.)
The Smart Restart Drill Days will give scholars a chance to run through a full practice of the school day with careful attention given to safety protocols and procedures. Schools will practice the daily activities of a traditional learning school day, from arrival to departure, with recommended precautions in place. Additionally, scholars will receive personal protective equipment, books, devices, and other supplies our scholars will need for school.
Buses will run and lunch will be served on Smart Restart Drill Days. For bus riders, parents should be on the lookout for electronic messages from your child’s school with their bus assignments and run times. Parents who have questions about transportation should call the Transportation office in your area:
- Transportation Central (601) 973-8513 or (601) 960-8919
- Transportation North (601) 987-3588
- Transportation South (601) 960-5405
For more information, contact your child's school or visit www.jackson.k12.ms.us/SmartRestart.