- Blackburn Laboratory Middle School
JPS Grab-And-Go Breakfast/Lunch and Dinner Feeding Program
Updated May 1, 2020
The health and well-being of our scholars is our top priority. We want to make sure our students have access to well-balanced meals during this time.
Instructional packets will no longer be distributed during the Grab-and-Go service effective Monday, May 4. They can be picked up at each school on Monday, May 4, and Wednesday, May 6 from 4–6 p.m.
Grab-and-Go Breakfast and Lunch
The Child Nutrition team will continue to serve grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals during school closures. Children 18 years of age and under will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch at no cost. No ID is required. Adult meals are $2.50 for breakfast and $3.75 for lunch. Meals will be served on Mondays and Wednesdays only from 9–11 a.m. at the following locations:
- Boyd Elementary, 4531 Broadmeadow Street
- North Jackson Elementary, 650 James M. Davis Drive
- Spann Elementary, 1615 Brecon Drive
- Blackburn Middle, 1311 W. Pearl Street
- Galloway Elementary, 186 Idlewild Street
- Lake Elementary, 472 Mt. Vernon Avenue
- Raines Elementary, 156 N. Flag Chapel Road
- Smith Elementary, 3900 Parkway Avenue
- Marshall Elementary, 2909 Oak Forest Drive
- Peeples Middle, 2940 Belvedere Drive
- Whitten Middle, 210 Daniel Lake Boulevard
- Wilkins Elementary, 1970 Castle Hill Drive
The selection of these sites was based on their location and serviceability in areas throughout the city of Jackson.
Free Hot Dinners and Produce Packages
Jackson Public Schools will continue to provide free hot dinner meals and produce packages each Thursday through May 21. The distribution includes one hot dinner meal for each person present and one box of fresh, local produce per vehicle. Pick up times are between 3-5 p.m. at the following locations:
- Bates Elementary/Cardozo Middle, 3180 McDowell Road, Ext.
- Galloway Elementary School, 186 Idlewild Street
- Chastain Middle School, 4650 Manhattan Road