- Bailey APAC Middle School
Food Programs Available to JPS Families During School Closures
March 17, 2020
|Download the Grab-and-Go Locations Map (PDF).|
The health and well-being of our scholars is our top priority. We want to make sure our students have access to well-balanced meals during this time. In an effort to address this concern, Jackson Public Schools and its partner, the Mississippi Food Network, will begin serving meals and distributing food boxes this week.
Instructional packets for grades K-8 are available online and will also be distributed at the 12 feeding sites.
Grab-and-Go Breakfast and Lunch
Jackson Public Schools will serve grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals during school closures. Children 18 years of age and under will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch at no cost. No ID is required. They do not have to be a JPS student. Adult meals are $2.50 for breakfast and $3.75 for lunch. Meals will be served from 9–11 a.m. March 18-20 and March 23-27 at the following locations:
- Boyd Elementary, 4531 Broadmeadow Street
- North Jackson Elementary, 650 James M. Davis Drive
- Spann Elementary, 1615 Brecon Drive
- Blackburn Middle, 1311 W. Pearl Street
- Galloway Elementary, 186 Idlewild Street
- Lake Elementary, 472 Mt. Vernon Avenue
- Raines Elementary, 156 N. Flag Chapel Road
- Smith Elementary, 3900 Parkway Avenue
- Marshall Elementary, 2909 Oak Forest Drive
- Peeples Middle, 2940 Belvedere Drive
- Whitten Middle, 210 Daniel Lake Boulevard
- Wilkins Elementary, 1970 Castle Hill Drive
The selection of these sites was based on their location and serviceability in areas throughout the city of Jackson.
In partnership with the Mississippi Food Network, Jackson Public Schools will distribute family food boxes with shelf-stable pantry items, and fresh and frozen foods. These boxes will provide a family of 4–5 with enough supplemental meals to last for several days. Contents include:
- 2) Green Beans 15 oz.
- (2) Corn 15 oz.
- Peanut Butter 18 oz.
- Grape Jelly 19 oz.
- Tuna 5 oz.
- Chunk Chicken 5 oz.
- Mandarin Oranges 10 oz.
- Applesauce 15 oz.
- Chicken Noodle Soup 11 oz.
- Tomato Soup 11 oz.
- Vegetable Beef Soup 15 oz.
- Dumplings/Chicken 13.5 oz.
- Vegetarian Chili 15 oz.
- Beef Ravioli 15 oz.
- Canned Pintos 15 oz.
- Milk 32 oz.
- Corn Flakes 18 oz.
- Misc. fresh and frozen food items
Pickup Times & Locations
- Wednesday, March 18, 4-6 p.m. | Pecan Park Elementary, 415 Claiborne Avenue (100-150 boxes)
- Saturday, March 21, 10 a.m.–12 p.m. | Peeples Middle, 2940 Belvedere Drive (400 boxes)