Each morning during announcements, a statement is read concerning bullying and ways to prevent it from happening. October is Bullying Prevention Month and Bailey APAC is trying to bring awareness to the harmful and lasting effects bullying has on individuals. On October 23, students are encouraged to wear orange for Unity Day. This is a day to raise awareness of bullying and have conversations about what can be done to prevent it.
from the pacer.org website
Every October, individuals from across the nation – and around the world – unite in a campaign to keep all youth safe from bullying.
The campaign is a catalyst for:
· Involving a nation to take action at the local level to create safe and supportive schools
· Offering information and education about how everyone can prevent bullying
· Providing a platform to hold school and community events
· Sharing information about the issue through news media, social media, videos and print publications
· Talking with education and public policy leaders about their roles in bullying prevention
· Promoting dialogue between educators, parents and students on their roles in addressing and preventing bullying
· Encouraging organizations to share information about their bullying prevention resources
· Inspiring everyone to unite for kindness, acceptance and inclusion