- Jackson Public Schools
JPS Schools Receive MAPE and PREPS Value-Added Awards
March 27, 2019
Multiple JPS schools were recognized for outstanding partnerships and academic achievement during the Mississippi Education Partnership Conference in February. Spann Elementary and Blackburn, Hardy, and Powell Middle Schools were recognized with Governor's Awards. The award is presented to school partnerships that have produced outstanding results for K-12 students. The prestigious award was presented to the top school-community partnerships in the state.
|Spann Elementary was honored along with several partners for the "Keys to Success" program designed to boost student achievement.|
|Blackburn, Hardy, and Powell middle schools were recognized along with their partners for the A-TEAAM mentorship program.|
2019 Governor's Award Recipients
- Spann Elementary School with 99 JAMS radio, Jackson Federation of Teachers, Junior League of Jackson, Bellwether Church, Jackson Rotary Club, Northminster Baptist Church and Raising Cane's #30 – "Keys to Success" program to address language, math and technical challenges and improve student achievement.
- Blackburn, Hardy and Powell middle schools with Juanita Sims Doty Foundation and Medgar & Myrlie Evers Institute – Ambassadors of the Evers Academy for African-American Males (A-TEAAM) character and leadership development mentoring program
Also during the conference, nine JPS schools were presented PREPS Value-Added Awards. The PREPS Value-Added Awards Program identifies high performing schools among Mississippi public school districts who are members of the PREPS Consortium. Recipient schools perform significantly better than other schools with comparable socioeconomic circumstances based on PREPS' analysis.
2019 PREPS Value-Added Awards
- Bailey Middle – English Language Arts & Math
- Barack Obama Elementary – English Language Arts & Math
- Casey Elementary – English Language Arts & Math
- Key Elementary – English Language Arts & Math
- McWillie Elementary – English Language Arts
- Murrah High – English II & History
- Northwest Middle – Algebra I & English Language Arts
- Power APAC – English Language Arts & Math
- Raines Elementary – English Language Arts