- Jackson Public Schools
Important Parent Notification Regarding ActiveParent Maintenance
February 7, 2019
The hosting provider for Jackson Public Schools' student information system will be undergoing maintenance for its ActiveParent Portal on March 1, 2019. Therefore, this notification is to inform our parents that this process will deactivate any ActiveParent accounts that have not been in use within the last 30 days prior to the March 1 maintenance date. Special precautions have been made to safeguard the accounts of currently enrolled seniors from deactivation. However, it is important for all parents/legal guardians to know that if your ActiveParent account is deactivated, you can get a new account by completing an ActiveParent Request Form (PDF). This form can be downloaded from the District website, or it can be acquired at your child's school. To download the form, please click on this link and follow the instructions provided.
Instructions for Requesting an ActiveParent Account
To get a new ActiveParent account, the parent/legal guardian should do the following:
- If the account has been deactivated, complete the ActiveParent Request Form (PDF) as a New User.
- Make sure your contact number and email address are active.
- Make a clear copy of your valid state ID.
- Select one of the following options to submit the form and copied ID:
- You may submit the form to your child's school to be forwarded for processing.
- You may scan and email the form along with your copied ID as attachments using the Office of Enrollment Services & Records Contact Form.
- You may hand deliver the completed form with your valid state ID to the Office of Enrollment Services and Records (ESR) at 1017 Robinson Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39203.
- You may mail the completed form and copy of your valid state ID to the attention of Ms. Tawana Bumphis, Office of Enrollment Services and Records, 1017 Robinson Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39203.
Special Note: Options a, b, and c above will guarantee faster processing time, usually between 24 and 48 hours.
- After the 24-hour window, go to www.jackson.k12.ms.us
- Click on Parents at top of the screen.
- Select ActiveParent Login.
- Type in the username you submitted on your request form.
- Type in the password: jpsd2018.
- Follow the remaining prompts to reset your password. Make sure it is one that is easy to remember. This account will also be used when you complete registration for the 2019–2020 school year.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Office of Enrollment Services and Records (ESR) at (601) 960-8852 and ask to speak with Ms. Tawana Bumphis. You may also send a message to her via the Office of Enrollment Services & Records Contact Form.