- McLeod Elementary School
Jackson Public Schools to Host Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Class of 2020
May 6, 2020
|Jackson Public Schools will present virtual celebrations for the JPS Class of 2020.|
The recording of the ceremonial “Presentation of the Class of 2020” and awarding of diplomas will take place at the Veterans Memorial Stadium. The District will follow safety measures aligned to recommendations from federal and local health officials around COVID-19. Each graduation ceremony will be pre-recorded and streamed on Comcast Channel 19 and online. These broadcasts will air on each school’s original graduation date and time.
Programs will include presentations by the principals, valedictorians and salutatorians of each school, an address by JPS Superintendent Dr. Errick L. Greene, and the conferring of diplomas by JPS School Board President Letitia Johnson.
Graduates are being instructed to wear their caps and gowns, and their families are being encouraged to participate in Graduation Watch Parties as these events are streamed. The Graduation Watch Parties should be for immediate family in order to adhere to federal and local guidance around crowds and gatherings. Copies of printed programs will be provided to each graduate to use during their Graduation Watch Party.
JPS virtual graduation air dates are as follows:
- Murrah—Tuesday, May 26, 1-2 p.m.
- Provine—Tuesday, May 26, 2:30–3:30 p.m.
- Jim Hill—Tuesday, May 26, 4–5 p.m.
- Callaway—Wednesday, May 27, 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Forest Hill—Wednesday, May 27, 3– 4 p.m.
- Wingfield—Wednesday, May 27, 4:30–5:30 p.m.
- Lanier—Wednesday, May 27, 6 –7 p.m.
Jackson Public Schools extends special gratitude to Woodward Hines and the Get2College Center for doing their part to celebrate this special class. The organization donated a yard sign to each JPS 2020 graduate. A total of 1,511 signs were designed and printed and delivered to each high school. Seniors will be able to pick up their signs the week of May 12–15 when they pick up their caps and gowns.
- Jackson Public Schools' Plan to Host Virtual Graduations in Late May, WAPT, May 6, 2020
- Jackson Public Schools to Host Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Class of 2020, WJTV, May 6, 2020
- JPS to Hold Virtual Graduation Ceremonies for Class of 2020, WLBT, May 6, 2020