Welcome to the Dr. Josephine Kelly Memorial Library
Phone: (601) 346-5635
Library Mission StatementThe Cardozo Middle School library media center is a laboratory for learning to acquire, process, synthesize, and present information effectively, efficiently and responsibly. It is designed to be inviting and stimulating by providing a variety of resources that accommodate the various learning styles, interests and abilities of all patrons in order to assist in producing leaders. Learning Today - Leading Tomorrow
Library Vision StatementStriving for excellence one day at a time by igniting the vision of a new generation through the efforts of teamwork to develop a learning environment that promotes our Lions Pride. (Positive Reinforcement of Individual Development Every day.)
Library Hours of Operations
- Students may visit the library between 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Students may utilize the library circulation, research, and other services provided by the library media center during these hours. However, once the first period/block bell rings students must have a pass from teacher to gain admission.
- Teachers may schedule times for their classes to visit the library through the teacher librarian.
- Students may check out 2 books for 2 weeks.
- Overdue book fee is 5 cents per day per book.
- Students must pay the purchased price for any book not returned.
- Students must pay for any damages to the book that have been entrusted to their care.
- No reference materials can be checked out by students.
Cardozo Online Catalog
Insignia offers online access to books and materials available in the Cardoza LIbrary.
MAGNOLIA provides online resources for publicly funded K-12 schools, public libraries, community college libraries, and university libraries in Mississippi.
The Accelerated Reader online quiz program to test student’s comprehension of a book or story. Points are earned toward incentives offered at the school. Students are given their username and passwords from their homeroom teachers. Quizzes are only open during school hours.
AR Book Find
Use the AR Book Find website to look up the reading level and point value of all books with an AR quiz.