The mission of the Campus Enforcement Department is to facilitate the development and maintenance of a safe and secure environment in which teachers can teach and students can find the strength to learn, dream, grow and achieve. This is accomplished through character-building programs, effective communication, and positive interaction.
We seek to improve the quality of the educational environment because our employees, students, and visitors are our most valuable assets and the cornerstone of our department.
Campus Enforcement Department
- Employs 136 officers, analysts, and technicians
- Patrols 91 buildings and approximately 1,650 acres of land.
- Protects approximately $8 million in inventory.
- Provides security for nearly 5,000 employees, about 24,000 students and their parents, and 510 vehicles.
- Responds to approximately 34,200 calls for service per year.
Campus Enforcement Facts
- All Campus Enforcement personnel meet the certification requirements of the Mississippi Department of Education's Safe and Orderly Schools.
- 60% of Campus Enforcement personnel are members of the (M.A.S.R.O.) Mississippi Association of School Resource Officers.
- 20% of the officers are certified by the (N.A.S.R.O.) National Association of School Resource Officers.
- All Officers have met the requirements of certification for Homeland Security’s National Information Management Systems (NIMs).
- All Communication Dispatchers received certification from the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- 50% of the Communication Dispatchers are certified by the National Emergency Dispatchers Association.
Campus Enforcement Education Programs
Campus Enforcement offers education programs for JPS schools. Principals may schedule a program by completing the Campus Enforcement Education Programs. The following programs are available:
- Emergency 911
- Firearms Safety
- Personal Safety
- Stranger Danger
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training (NCIT)
- CRASE (Civilian Response Active Shooter Event)
- School Crisis Response Training
For more information about Campus Enforcement Education Programs, contact MSgt. Eric Greene, JPS Office of Campus Enforcement, (601) 960-8875.