The mission of the Campus Enforcement Department is to facilitate the development and maintenance of a safe and secure environment in which teachers can teach and students can find the strength to learn, dream, grow and achieve. This is accomplished through character-building programs, effective communication, and positive interaction.
We seek to improve the quality of the educational environment because our employees, students, and visitors are our most valuable assets and the cornerstone of our department.
Campus Enforcement Department
- Employs sworn police officers, non-sworn safety officers, analysts, and technicians.
- Patrols 91 buildings and approximately 1,650 acres of land.
- Protects approximately $8 million in inventory.
- Provides security for all employees and students and their parents, visitors and District owned equipment and property.
- Responds to approximately 36,500 calls for service per year.
Campus Enforcement Facts
- Campus Enforcement personnel meet the certification requirements of the Mississippi Department of Education's Safe and Orderly Schools.
- Campus Enforcement personnel are members of the (M.A.S.R.O.) Mississippi Association of School Resource Officers and the (N.A.S.R.O.) National Association of School Resource Officers.
- Officers have met the requirements of certification for Homeland Security’s National Information Management Systems (NIMs).
- Communication Dispatchers receive certification from the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).
- Communication Dispatchers are certified by the National Emergency Dispatchers Association and meet the requirements of the Board of Emergency Telecommunicators through Standards and Training.
Campus Enforcement Education Programs
Campus Enforcement offers education programs for JPS schools. Principals may schedule a program by completing the Campus Enforcement Education Programs. The following programs are available:
- Emergency 911
- Eddie Eagle Firearms Safety
- McGruff Crime Prevention
- Personal Safety
- CRASE (Civilian Response Active Shooter Event)
- School Crisis Response Training
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Training
For more information about Campus Enforcement Education Programs and training, contact JPS Office of Campus Enforcement, (601) 960-8875.