Please use the link above to sign up for the May 20th Audition Day!
**Special Note for 2023 Auditions**
At this time, scholars must be accepted into the Academic area at Wells (4th-5th), Bailey (6th-8th), or Murrah (9th-12th) to participate in Wells APAC Arts programming for the 2023-2024 school year.
2023-2024 APAC Arts Auditions will be held on Saturday May 20, 2023 from 9 am to 11 am at Wells APAC, 1120 Riverside Dr.
- Before the audition, prepare a memorized song from a musical or monologue. The piece should be about 1 minute long.
- At the audition, you will be given a script to read and perform in addition to your prepared piece.
- There is a written portion to be completed at the time of your audition. If you have prior theatre experience, please feel free to bring a copy of your resume, listing any onstage or backstage experience.
- A short interview will be conducted at the end of the audition. If you have questions, please contact the chair of the theatre department at email@example.com
Students will participate in a short workshop, during which they will learn a series of movements designed to assess their dance capabilities and potential - there is no need to prepare a memorized dance. For the audition, students must wear leotards and tights or a tank top and bike shorts with bare feet. If accepted to the Wells APAC Dance program, the student must buy specific attire and will be required to wear hair in a classical bun for classes and events.
1. Student Portfolio
On their audition day, applicants should bring a portfolio of artwork. This portfolio should consist of the following items:
- Minimum of 4 completed artworks in any media or style
- Suggested Subjects: landscape, portrait, self-portrait
- 2-3 sketches or sketchbook pages
- All pieces should be the student’s best work. Artwork from direct observation or from a reference photograph is preferred. Submitted work done in the style of cartoons, anime, etc. must be original content. Work that has been traced or is of a copyrighted character will not be accepted.
2. Still Life Drawing
Applicants will participate in a still life drawing assignment during the audition time, with instructions and all materials provided by Wells APAC.
3. Short Interview
This will include a brief presentation of the student’s portfolio and still life drawing as well as a discussion of the student’s artistic and personal goals if accepted into the Wells APAC Visual Art program.
All music auditionees will be asked to write brief responses to several questions regarding their experience in music and their goals for participation in the Wells APAC Music program.
Prepare two contrasting pieces (piano is provided).
Prepare 2 songs to sing from memory that you feel will best show off your vocal abilities. You may sing “Amazing Grace,” “My Country ‘Tis of Thee,” musical theatre selections, or any other selections of your choice.
Students should be prepared to perform the following: 2 octave scales in flat and sharp keys, sight-read music at a medium level, perform a solo level 3 or above, and match pitch/ rhythm examples.