Carla Baker-Thomas, Principal
Mrs. Carla Thomas
Carla Thomas is the principal of Clausell Elementary School. She has served in the educational arena for 18 years. Mrs. Thomas holds a Specialist in both Elementary Education and Educational Leadership.
She has served in various capacities in education from instructional assistant to principal. Her teaching career began as a second grade Instructional Assistant prior to becoming a first grade teacher for three years. She served as lead teacher, a position that she would hold for the next three years. Mrs. Thomas then became Literacy Coach/Interventionist of George Elementary school for seven years. After serving as assistant principal for one year, Mrs. Thomas returned to George Elementary as school principal. She is currently the principal of Clausell Elementary School.
Mrs. Thomas sees her scholars as roses in a rose garden with educators as the gardeners. We have to know our roses and provide them with just the amount of nurturing needed to allow them to bloom to their fullest potential. Just as no two roses are identical, we must accept the differences and adjust what we do on a daily basis if we are to achieve our district’s mission of “Every Scholar, Every Day, Ready for Life!”
Degrees and Certifications:
- 2000 – Bachelor of Science Degree (Elementary Education)– Mississippi Valley State University
- 2002 – Master of Science Degree (Elementary Education) – Mississippi Valley State University
- 2004 – MAPQSL – Alternate Route Educational Leadership – Mississippi Delta Community College
- 2006 – Specialist Degree (Elementary Education) – Delta State University
- 2008 – Specialist Degree (Educational Leadership) – Mississippi College