Northwest Jackson Middle School is one of 12 middle schools in the Jackson Public School District. The school serves students in grades 6-8.
Promote innovative teaching and learning with a global perspective that inspires advanced levels of student achievement in academics and extracurricular performance, high levels of student engagement in a safe and nurturing environment, and social consciousness that sparks action to create and sustain efforts to improve the community locally and abroad.
All students to experience success by excelling in all areas of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile Attributes (Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-Minded, Caring, Risk-takers, Balanced, and Reflective) and by scoring advanced on district, state, and national assessments starting in the year 2013 and every year thereafter.
The faculty and staff of Northwest Jackson International Baccalaureate World Middle School hereby commit to:
- Modeling the behaviors that create high performance
- Teaching advanced academics at superior levels
- Using personal reflection to improve our craft
- Involving all stakeholders in the journey to STAR status
- Individuals are responsible for their own actions.
- Everyone has the right to a safe, secure, clean, and healthy environment.
- Expectations drive performance.
- Quality education requires an investment in human and physical resources with a strong community and global commitment.
- Every individual's contribution is valuable and unique.
- Effective educational opportunities encourage exploration and development of individual potential.