ActiveParent is a web-based application that parents can use to keep track of students’ records. JPS parents with more than one student can access records for all of them with one account.
The goal of ActiveParent is to provide parents and guardians with the ability to say their ABCs—check students’ Attendance, Behavior and Course Performance. ActiveParent provides student information as soon as it is entered into SAM (Student Administration Manager).
The ActiveParent Screen
Student information is organized by the following tabs in ActiveParent:
- News – News from the District and the student's school
- Schedule – Student's current class schedule
- Attendance – Student's attendance report
- Gradebook – Student's term grades, daily grades, and homework assignments
- Discipline – Student's discipline reports
What would you like to do?
- Login to ActiveParent.
- Email ActiveParent Support.
- Learn how to create an ActiveParent account.
- Recover your ActiveParent password.
- Report an ActiveParent issue.
Creating an ActiveParent account:
To request an ActiveParent account, please follow the instructions below.
- Complete the ActiveParent Request Formas a New User
- Make sure the contact number and email address are active.
- Make a clear copy of your valid state ID.
- Use one of the following options to submit the form and copied ID:
- You may submit the form to your child’s school to be forwarded for processing.
- Scan and email form along with copied ID to ActiveParent Support and type “ActiveParent Account Request” in the subject line of the email.
- Deliver the completed form with valid state ID to the Office of Enrollment Services and Records located at 1017 Robinson Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39203.
- Mail completed form and copy of valid stat ID to the attention of Ms. Jaynet Rayford, Office of Enrollment Services and Records, 1017 Robinson Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39203.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Office of Enrollment Services and Records at (601) 960-8852.
Recovering an ActiveParent Password:
Parents can now retrieve their passwords by clicking the Forgot Your Password? link on the ActiveParent website. Once you enter your username, the system will send a message to the e-mail address on file with instructions for resetting the password.
Reporting an ActiveParent Issue
It is the District’s intent to provide parents with the most accurate and current information about school news, scheduling, grades, attendance, and discipline. If this information is not being regularly updated for your child, please let us know by reporting an ActiveParent issue.