The mission of the Pre-Kindergarten program in Jackson Public Schools is to provide quality early childhood experiences based on principles of child development and understanding of how four-year-olds grow and learn.
Positive early learning experiences help to prepare young children for success in kindergarten and beyond. The JPS Pre-Kindergarten program emphasizes engaging learning experiences for four-year-old children.
- Students must be age 4 before September 1 of the attending school year.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
- A Mississippi Immunization Compliance Form 121 (Printout from the Hinds County Health Department.)
- A certified Birth Certificate that must shows the parents' names
- Student's Social Security card
- Legal paperwork (i.e., adoption, court order, guardianship, etc.)
- Parents must complete and sign a Pre-Kindergarten application (at one site only)
- The parent must show proof of residence within in the school zone the child will attend