IB MYP SPOTLIGHT for September: Approaches to Learning (ATL) Classes
1. ATL skills are divided into five categories: Communication, Social Self-management, Research, and Thinking.
2. The focus of ATL in the MYP is on helping students to develop self-knowledge and skills they need to enjoy a lifetime of learning.
3. All teachers in MYP schools are responsible for integrating and explicitly teaching ATL skills.
4. ATL skills are often interconnected and frequently overlap.
5. Each Approaches to Learning teacher creates an instructional unit designed to address each skill category.
All Northwest IB students have two chances to perform service and turn in any community service documentation by October 18, 2018 and December 18, 2018. Documentation can be found on the Northwest website under About Us>International Baccalaureate>Community Service Documents, or outside of the IB Coordinator’s office. (Posted September 14, 2018)