JPS Bond Overview
The 2018 JPS Bond Construction Program is managed by JPS Facilities and Operations staff. Key administrators are:
- Don McCrackin – Executive Director of Facilities and Operations/Bond Administrator
- Sandra Robinson – Interim Chief Operations Officer/Project Manager
- Lena Franklin – Architectural Design/Project Manager
- Vacant Position – Project Manager
Bond Oversight Committee
The Bond Oversight Committee was appointed by the Jackson Public Schools Board of Trustees. Their function is to track and communicate progress toward the construction of projects and the expenditure of funds associated with the $65 million school bond. In carrying out this duty, the committee meets regularly. Bond Oversight Committee meetings are open to the public. Neighborhood organizations and others may use the JPS Contact Form to message their ward representative and request information that can be distributed at association meetings.
- Akilah Irvin – Ward 1
- H. Ann C. Jones – Ward 2
- Sandra McCall – Ward 3
- Erica Fell – Ward 4
- Kass Welchlin – Ward 5
- Ercilla Dometz-Hendrix – Ward 6
- Mitch McGuffey – Ward 7
The JPS Bond Construction Program will be implemented in three phases:
- Phase I – January 2019–July 2020
- Phase II – January 2020–December 2020
- Phase III – January 2021–December 2021
An estimated 110 projects will be completed in each phase with project costs expected to range between $5,000 and $3 million.
Construction projects will be developed in packages to provide and ensure smaller construction companies will have repeated opportunities to participate in the JPS Bond Construction Program. Bidders may view or submit bids on the JPS Bond Electronic Bidding.