Library Media Center Information
Amy Covey, Librarian/Media Specialist
1st Semester Virtual Library Class Schedule
Virtual Office Hours: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - (When we return to the building)
Online Resources and Educational Links for All
- THE BEST ONLINE RESOURCE IS THE JES GOOGLE LIBRARY CLASSROOM. EMAIL MRS. COVEY IF YOU HAVE NOT JOINED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO ACCESS!
- You can search the JES library for specific books, subjects or favorite authors through our online public access catalog (OPAC). It can be accessed from anywhere!
- MAGNOLIA Electronic Database provides Mississippi residents with access to electronic databases through their local public, school, community college, or university libraries.
- Jackson Hinds Library System public library service to urban metropolitan Jackson and Hinds County Mississippi. The system has 14 public libraries in Hinds County, so there is one located near you! Library cards are free to anyone with proof of residency in Hinds County. The libraries also provide wireless printing for laptops, e-books, downloadable audiobooks and digital magazine collections. Visit this site to find out how to get a fine-free library card for elementary students!
- AR Book Find
- Renaissance Home Connect
- Common Sense Media
- Homework Tips for Parents
- Parents Guide to School Success
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader
- Reading Tips for Parents
- Tips for Helping Children Learn to Read
- Consejos para ayudar a los niños a aprender a leer
- Reading - FREE Teaching and Learning Resources
- Helping Your Child Learn Mathematics
- DK Find Out!
- CNN Student News
- Fact Monster
- Information Please Almanac
- The Teacher Resource Center provides teachers with a multitude of resources to assist with classroom projects and to upgrade technological and professional skills. The center is also open to the public as follows: Monday–Thursday from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m., Friday from 12:30–4:30 p.m., and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Smart Exchange - USA provides teachers with free resources and lessons for use on the SMART board.
Last Modified on October 7, 2020