Library Media Center Information
Kacy Hellings, Librarian
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The Obama Magnet School library utilizes partially flexible scheduling. Classes are scheduled all day on Tuesday and Thursday. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the library is available to be utilized by classes to extend classroom learning. The library is always open for students to check in and out materials.
Search the Obama Magnet Card Catalog. Remember you can log in using your JPS Google account and reserve a book, write a review, and create a favorites list!
If you have a book recommendation for our library, you may place a note in the box on my desk or fill out this electronic form.
- AR BookFinder - A resource to find out the reading level of a book.
- EasyBib - A resource to format information for a bibliography.
- Jackson-Hinds Library System - Use the online card catalog to find a book at the public library.
- JPS Teacher Resource Center
- MAGNOLIA Research Database - A wonderful resource for research and access to online periodicals.
- Renaissance Home Connect - Use this link to track your AR progress from home.
- World Book Online - This is a great research tool for all of your research needs! We are so thankful that JPS has purchased this for us to utilize. (f you don't remember the username and password that is posted in the library, log in through Clever. Clever can be found at go.jpsms.org.)
Reading Fair is coming up on October 18, 2019, but projects should be turned in on October 14, 2019. Follow the link on the left navigation bar to learn more about the Obama Magnet Reading Fair.