Welcome to Bates Elementary School Library Media Center
- Over 7,500 Books
- Student and Teacher Periodicals
- A vast number of sound/video recordings, interactive books, and cd’s
- 11 computers with internet access
Library Circulation Policy
Students in grades 3-5 may check out two books each week or one at a time. Students in second grade may check out one book each week. All students must have a library permission slip signed by the parent and returned to the library before they are allowed to check out any library books. Parents or teachers of kindergarten and first-grade students must check out books for students. A Circulation Policy form must be signed by the parent. Books must be returned to the library to renew checkout for an additional week. Students who have overdue material may not check out other materials until the overdue materials are returned. All lost books must be paid in full. A fee of $2 or more is charged to a student who damages a book that can be repaired.
Jackson Hinds Library System
- Jackson Hinds Library System provides a multitude of educational resources for students, parents, teachers and others in Jackson, Mississippi and Hinds County.
- Jackson Hinds Library System Online Catalog is an online searchable catalog of library system collections.
MAGNOLIA provides online resources for publicly funded K-12 schools, public libraries, community college libraries, and university libraries in Mississippi.
Accelerated Reader Program
The Accelerated Reader program is a computerized program that tests reading comprehension. Students select books on their reading level, read independently, and take an independent comprehension test on the computer at school. Each book is worth a certain number of points based on its length and reading level. Students can login to www.arbookfind.com to check the genre, reading level, reading points and any additional information about a book.
Other Helpful Links