Lake Elementary is one of 33 elementary schools in the Jackson Public School District. It serves students in grades pre-K-5.
Lake Elementary Vision
To Educate All Students to Academic Excellence
Lake Elementary Mission
Lake Elementary is committed to providing students with academic excellence by producing students who are critical thinkers and responsible citizens.
"Learners today, leaders tomorrow."
Viola Ensminger Lake 1866-1947. A Monroe, Louisiana, native, Lake received her college degree from Minden, LA. As a memorial to her husband, William Watts Lake, Lake presented to Poindexter-Enochs Junior High School the first well-equipped library in the Jackson Public Schools. Prior to her death in 1947, she had established 11 W.W. Lake Memorial Libraries in the elementary schools of the system and had given a substantial fund, the income from which was to be used for obtaining a collection of Southern literature for Central. She bequeathed the major part of her estate of approximately $5,000,000 to establish and maintain libraries in the elementary and junior high schools.
Lake Elementary Belief Statements
Lake Students should be:
- Prepared with a Positive Mindset
Lake Administrators should be:
- An Effective Communicator
The Instructional Staff should:
- Work collaboratively with parents, colleagues, and community stakeholders to address the diverse needs of all students
- Have high expectations for students as evidenced by academic and behavioral expectations
- Be welcoming to students and parents
- Keep students authentically engaged in learning
The Office Staff should be:
- Friendly and welcoming to students, staff, and visitors
- Acknowledges the presence of students, staff, and visitors, and greets others upon entering the office
- Lake Elementary is Aiming for an "A" rating this year.
- Lake Elementary will be safe, orderly, and clean.
- All children will learn in a nurturing classroom environment.
- Parents will actively participate in their child's education.