"The more you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"
Library Media Center Vision and Mission
Create collaborative relationships between schools librarians and classroom teachers which transforms the school library program into a support system that strengthens the curriculum by bridging the information literacy gap.
The mission of Mississippi’s school library programs is to assist in providing a quality education for every child by:
● Encouraging lifelong information literacy and learning through reading and inquiry.
● Providing an inviting, dynamic environment in which students and staff become learners capable of accessing, evaluating, applying, and sharing information independently.
● Providing real and virtual access to appropriate, high-quality resources (print/non-print and digital formats) and services that support and enhance teaching, literacy, and learning during and outside the school day.
● Participating in curriculum development and design of learning activities.
● Facilitating professional development for the learning community.
“Librarians of the future
will be knowledge
navigators. They will
resources as well as
printed books and other
formats. Their services will
not be restricted by
physical location, either of
the materials or of
- American Libraries, 2012
Spann Elementary School
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Ms. Jennifer Baker, Librarian