The mission of the Pre-Kindergarten program in Jackson Public Schools is to provide quality early childhood experiences based on principles of child development and understanding of how four-year-olds grow and learn.
Positive early learning experiences help to prepare young children for success in kindergarten and beyond. The JPS Pre-Kindergarten program emphasizes engaging learning experiences for four-year-old children.
The Pre-K education program is funded by Title I.
Students must be age four (4) before September 1, of the attending school year.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
- A Mississippi Immunization Compliance Form 121 (printout from the Hinds County Health Department)
- A certified birth certificate that must shows the parents’ names
- Student’s Social Security card
- Legal paperwork (i.e., adoption, court order, guardianship, etc.)
- Parents must complete and sign a Pre-Kindergarten application (at one site only).
- The parent must show proof of residence within in the school zone the child will attend