Pecan Park Elementary is one of 33 elementary schools in the Jackson Public School District. It serves students in grades Pre-K-5. Pecan Park was completed in 1989 on the site of the former Whitfield Elementary School. The school was renamed after a request was made to change the name in an effort to distinguish itself from the Mississippi State Hospital. The name Pecan Park was selected because the residential community was called Pecan Park. The school recently celebrated its 25th year anniversary.
MissionPecan Park Elementary's mission is to provide quality instruction through innovative programs in a nurturing environment.
VisionPecan Park Elementary's vision is to educate the total child to become a lifelong learner in a global society.
Wellness ProgramsPecan Park encourages healthy eating habits and a comprehensive fitness program. As part of our wellness initiative, we have the following programs:
- Project Fit America - (2nd-5th) seven cardiovascular fitness stations
- Let's Go Walkin' MS Program - (Pre-K-5th) fitness/walking program
- KaBOOM! Playspace - (Pre-K-5th) a fun playground built just for our students by our community
- Fresh Fruit/Vegetable Program - (Pre-K-5th) each student and staff member will receive a fresh fruit or vegetable snack 4 times per week
- School Food Service Program - (Pre-K-5th) all whole grains, more fresh fruits and vegetables, and salad options for our students will be served
- The Irby Company - adopter since 1983
- The Jackson Zoological Park - adopter since 2010
According to the 2010-2011 "Partners in Education Annual Report," both the Irby Company and the Jackson Zoological Park received a Golden Achievement Award for the 2010-2011 school year. Golden Achievement Awards are presented to partnerships that meet the standards of excellence. These partnerships are role models for new adopter partners.
We are so thankful for our adopters and all their support!
Pecan Park Elementary
415 Claiborne Avenue
Jackson, MS 39209
Bell Schedule: 7:45 am - 2:30 pm