Callaway High School is located at 601 Beasley Road in Jackson, Mississippi. Callaway is one of seven high schools in the Jackson Public School District, the second-largest school district in Mississippi.
Built in 1966, Callaway was named after the late Robert M. Callaway, a Lafayette County native. He began his career teaching Choctaw Indians in the mountains of McCurtain County, Oklahoma. Before assuming duties as principal of Liberty Grove School, later H.V. Watkins Elementary in Jackson, he taught at Darling in Quitman County and Pocahontas in Hinds County. He was principal at Watkins from 1936 to 1956.
Callaway High School provides ALL scholars with an opportunity to excel in academics and extracurricular activities. The administration, teachers, and staff are focused on creating an educational environment conducive to student growth and development. At Callaway High School, we embrace a growth mindset for ALL.
The Only Way
Building on its rich history of excellence, Callaway High School will be recognized as the premier destination for educating the whole learner.
The mission of Callaway High School is to provide quality, innovative teaching and learning experiences to our diverse community of stakeholders to ensure that scholars master content, write and speak effectively, think critically, and compete globally.
- Increase the average ACT score to 19 by the end of the student’s junior year.
- Provide students with three opportunities per nine weeks for experiential learning, which includes social, cultural, and emotional development.
- Provide mentorship opportunities that foster student growth and development.
- Create and maintain a safe, supportive, and healthy school environment.
- Improve the average daily attendance rate to 90%.
- Increase the graduation rate to 85% by 2024.
- Improve school accountability level by providing ALL scholars with daily rigorous educational opportunities with appropriate support.
- Improve relationships between scholars, teachers, and the school community.
2023-2024 High School Bell Schedule