Positive Behavior Specialist
Who is the Positive Behavior Specialist?
Mr. Joseph Robinson
What is a Positive Behavior Specialist?
The job of a Positive Behavior Specialist was established for the purposes of effecting positive behavioral change in students; providing supportive interventions to families and/or students; and complying with Federal, State, and District policies, regulations and/or procedures.
What is the Positive Behavior Specialist's Job Description?
- The Positive Behavior Specialist works side-by-side with teachers to assess students’ needs and to improve student behavior
- Conducts functional behavior assessments in accordance with EES procedures
- Develops and implement of Behavior Intervention Plans aligned with the Functional Behavior Assessment
- Provides individual and/or group counseling to students with disabilities to meet the needs of the students as specified on the IEPs
- Provide Social Skills training for exceptional education students as indicated on IEP
- Conducts progress monitoring of implemented Behavior Intervention Plans
- Provides staff development to teachers, parents, and staff regarding the implementation and documentation of the behavioral interventions
- Collaborates with district Program Specialist to ensure behavioral goals on IEP are appropriately aligned with Behavior Intervention Plans
- Participates in IEP meetings to revise IEPs to reflect the behavioral interventions as a result of the functional behavioral assessment
- Conducts weekly review to the classrooms where interventions are being implemented to determine effectiveness of interventions (by observing students, consulting with teachers, reviewing documentation) and to revise them as needed
- Supports the school administration with discipline related issues as it relates to special education students
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
How Do I Contact the Positive Behavioral Specialist?
Mr. Joseph Robinson
601.960.5329 or e-mail