TRC Now Open by Appointment Only
The Jackson Public Schools Teacher Resource Center will resume operations July 8, 2020 with the following changes.
- All TRC visits will be by appointment only in one-hour increments. You can schedule an appointment by clicking on the calendar link above. (Please note in description box what services you are requesting). No more than ten people will be allowed in the center in one-hour increments during daily operations.
- Temperature checks will be taken and face coverings or masks are required when entering the center.
- New TRC Summer operating hours are: Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m. and CLOSED on Saturday. Regular School Year operating hours are: Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- The TRC main door entrance will be permanently locked. Anyone requesting an appointment must use the main entrance to the Professional Development Building to access the TRC hall entrance door. A doorbell alert will be installed in the TRC for all entry requests after 5:00 p.m.
- TRC signage will be posted outside TRC hall entrance with CDC recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted in the TRC.
- Children 17 and younger are no longer allowed in the TRC, due to CDC recommendations.
What the Teacher Resource Center has done to keep JPS staff and customers safe.
The Teacher Resource Center will implement limited access to JPS employees by Google appointment and public users through open appointments only to ensure compliance with Mississippi State Department of Health and CDC regulations, orders and guidance to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including, but not limited to social distancing while suspending listed services.
- Prohibition of groups larger than 10 (Appointments Only - one-hour increments)
- Self Service Lamination (Lamination services drop-off - three day turn around)
- Self Service Copying (Copying services appointment only and drop off - three day turn around).
For more information, contact the Teacher Resource Center at 601-960-8320.
Thank you again for your continued support, and we hope to serve you soon.
"Helping Teachers Help Themselves"
The TRC provides teachers with a multitude of resources to assist with classroom projects and to upgrade technological and professional skills. The Center serves Jackson Public School District employees as well as a wide range of the metro area's educational community including surrounding school districts, local colleges and universities, churches, and home school parents. The Center is a self-help facility with support specialists who work to assist patrons with available resources. Supplies are available at a minimal charge.
The price list below includes all supplies and materials available in the Teacher Resource Center that can be purchased. Machines such as die-cutters, scissors, markers, and computers can be used for free if you are a JPS employee.
TRC Now Open by Appointment Only
Monday–Friday - 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
630 South State Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Phone: (601) 960-8320
Jeanette Whisenton, TRC Coordinator/Lead Librarian
Judy Smith, Support Specialist
Tilo Wilkins, Support Specialist