Library Media Center
READ! READ! READ!
COME ON IN AND SEE WHAT YOUR
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER HAS TO OFFER!
Blackburn Library Media Center is the HEART of the school!
Library Media Specialist
Vanessa Armstrong is the library media specialist at Blackburn Laboratory Middle School. You may contact her at (601) 960-5329 - extension 5864.
Reading Fair Guide
Click here to access the Reading Fair Guide for the 2021-2022 school year.
Online Card Catalog-Insignia
Explore the Blackburn Laboratory Middle School online card catalog to locate resoures.
"At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that threshold, that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives forever, for the better. It's an enormous force for good." --Former President Barack Obama
The mission of Blackburn Laboratory Middle School Library Media Center is to ignite a passion for reading throughout the school, and ensure that all learners can access, process, and communicate information and ideas effectively.
The library media center is located on the first floor near the front or main entrance of the school.
Hours of Operation
The library media center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Extended library hours are available upon request. Please note that the library will be closed for special programs and events.
General Rules and Procedures
- Library Rules
- Circulation Policy
- Acceptable Use & Internet Safety Policy
- Use of Copyrighted Material
- Collection Development Procedures for School Libraries
- Use of Public School Libraries
- Library Policy & Procedures Manual
• Over 10,000 books (including Literature Circles, Classroom Sets, and eBooks)
• Over 25 periodicals, including 3 local newspapers
• A vast number of VHSs, DVDs, and CDs
• 5 Lenovo desktop computers with wireless Internet accessibility
• Online card catalog that allows staff and students access from their classrooms
Collection Policy and Procedures
- School Libraries Policy for purchasing library materials in various formats
- School Libraries Procedures for purchasing library materials in various formats
Use the Library Daily to Locate and Process Information!