"The School Where Everybody Is Somebody & Academic Excellence Is Our Ultimate Goal"
Key Elementary is one of 33 elementary schools in the Jackson Public School District. It serves students in grades pre-K-5.
- All scholars will score proficient and above on state-mandated standards.
- All scholars will utilize their knowledge to become successful life-long learners.
- All scholars will value education and instill a love of learning into future generations.
The mission of Key Elementary School is to strive toward academic excellence by enhancing the minds of students through the use of a challenging curriculum that nurtures each scholar's individual abilities; build partnerships between the home, community, and school; and produces successful citizens who can thrive in a global society.
The vision of Key Elementary is to have each scholar achieve his or her greatest potential and build a solid foundation for future success.
- We believe the overall achievement levels of our scholars can consistently be improved and the achievement gaps can be eliminated.
- We believe a positive, safe, and physically comfortable environment is essential for effective learning.
- We believe in utilizing research-based information and data to drive decision-making.
- We believe that all stakeholders should take an active and responsible role in providing input into the decision-making process.
- We believe that high expectations and accountability from parents, students, and teachers promote high achievement.
- We believe every student should be treated fairly, respectfully, and with dignity.