JPS Tip Line
The Crime Prevention Unit welcomes input from our school community and community as a whole. This goal is accomplished through the receipt and vetting of information on our JPS Tip Line as well as structured regular meetings and contact with our law enforcement partners in the metro area. These interactions assist the Crime Prevention Unit in developing and providing timely proactive recommendations to discuss ongoing current relative crime issues affecting our schools and school community.
As part of its commitment to a safe learning environment, Jackson Public Schools has established a Tip Line. Students, parents, employees and others may report any suspicious activity observed in and around JPS schools or campuses.
- Tip Line Phone Number: (601) 987-DROP (3767)
- Tip Line Email: email@example.com
- Tip Line Form Submission
Call takers will not ask for the names of anyone calling the Tip Line. This line is used to provide tips and information only.
Things to look for:
- Are you aware of anyone recording or monitoring, taking notes, using cameras?
- Have you observed anyone carrying a weapon at school or on school grounds?
- Are you aware of anyone who does not appear to belong hanging around JPS school grounds?
- Are you aware of anyone attempting to penetrate or test physical security or procedures at a JPS school?
- Are you aware of anyone attempting to bully another student?
- Do you feel like you are being bullied?
- Have you noticed any children being physically or verbally abused at your bus stop?
- If something looks suspicious to you, report it to the Campus Enforcement Tip Line.