Accelerated Reader (AR)
Our Accelerated Reading Program is under way! We encourage all of our scholars to try to reach and exceed their individual goals with 85% accuracy or higher on each test. Student's progress will be monitored weekly and those who meet their goals with 85% accuracy or higher will qualify for incentives at the end of the 9 Weeks period.
How Can I Help My Child With A.R. at Home?
- Students may read books from home or the public library, but A.R. tests can only be taken on a school computer during school hours.
- If you want to check the level of an A.R. book, you can search for it using http://www.arbookfind.com.
- Encourage your child to read at home for 20-30 minutes each night.
- When they complete the book, ask them to retell the story to you.
- Encourage them to take their time on their A.R. test when they return to school.
Check on your child's AR progress at home