News & Features
April 6, 2020 - Jackson Public Schools announces bid opening dates for construction projects during the month of April.
April 6, 2020 – Jackson Public Schools announced its grab-and-go meal program will be extended through April 17 in accordance with Gov. Tate Reeves order for schools to remain closed until then.
March 25, 2020 – Report cards for JPS scholars will be posted and available on ActiveParent. Report cards will be mailed to high school juniors and seniors and those taking AP courses.
March 23, 2020 – The backpack bags that were distributed to JPS students included breakfast items, soup and pasta meals, juice boxes, fruit cups, and shelf-stable dairy.
Middle School Bell Schedule
School Event Middle School Opens 7:25 a.m. Homeroom Block 7:30–8 a.m. Instruction Begins 8 a.m. Instruction Ends/Dismissal Time 3:20 p.m.
- On Thursday, March 19, Gov. Tate Reeves signed an executive order closing all of the state's public schools until April 17 in response to concerns over coronavirus (COVID-19). All JPS schools and offices will remain closed in compliance with the governor's order. The District remains committed to providing at-home supports in terms of continuing instruction and food delivery programs.
- You may contact your child's teachers from 9 a.m..-12 noon, Monday-Friday via SchoolStatus or their JPS emails. Students are to complete the instructional packets provided by the district, only. Packets can be picked up at Blackburn or access the following hyperlink, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11Gn85SkOv1yGaZrzNOWvFJ_cIshdUqgY. At this moment, the packets only include math and language arts.
- If you need to contact the school counselors for any reason, you may contact Ms. D. Barnes or Dr. Morris via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Their virtual office hours are from 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- If any student is having suicidal thoughts, please share this contact information with them:
- Crisis text line Text Home to 741741
- Students who speak
- Spanish Linea de Crisis:800-273-8255 Oprimal el 2