Beliefs, Mission, Goals, Vision
Jackson Public Schools, an innovative, urban district committed to excellence, will provide every student a quality education in partnership with parents and the community.
- Increase Academic Performance and Achievement.
- Provide Safe School Climate.
- Maintain Fiscal Integrity and Accountability.
Our vision is to become a top-ranked learning community that graduates productive, caring citizens who are prepared to succeed in a global society.
Five Characteristics of High Performing Schools
When present and operating effectively these five characteristics create successful schools regardless of location, demographics and size or makeup of student enrollment:
- Scholar Academic Success
- Effective Principal Leadership
- Effective Teaching
- Parent and Community Engagement
- Scholar and Adult Recognition
JPS Cultural Vision
Every organization has a culture they want adopted, values they want championed, beliefs they want instilled, and behaviors they want reproduced. Leaders are the cultural architects of any organization. Eventually, every organization takes on the character and priorities of its leaders. As a result, leaders must be intentional in creating a culture endowed with the following beliefs:
- All students can perform at or above proficiency.
- We will never change what we are willing to tolerate.
- We are accountable and responsible for performance and growth of our scholars.
- All stakeholders are partners and owners of the school's academic success.
- Recognition of accomplishments promotes an effective learning and work environment.