The Teacher Resource Center is Closed for Fall Break October 9 and 11, 2021.
School Year Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Closed on Holidays and District Observation Dates
Appointments are not necessary! Walk-ins are always welcome.
If you have questions or need more information, please call the center at 601-960-8320.
All TRC visits will be by appointment in one-hour increments and walk-ins. You can schedule an appointment by clicking on the calendar link above. (Please note in the description box what services you are requesting). Appointments are not needed to purchase supplies, such as bulletin board paper, etc. Contact the center during operating hours to request drop-off and pick-up services.
- Temperature checks will be taken and face coverings or masks are required when entering the center.
- Regular School Year operating hours are: Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- The TRC main door entrance will be permanently locked. Anyone requesting an appointment must use the doorbell at the main entrance to the Professional Development Building to access the TRC hall entrance door during regular operating hours and for Summer usage access.
- TRC signage will be posted outside the TRC hall entrance with CDC recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted in the TRC.
- Children 17 and younger are no longer allowed in the TRC, due to CDC recommendations.
What the Teacher Resource Center has done to keep JPS staff and customers safe.
The Teacher Resource Center will implement limited access to JPS employees by Google appointment and public users through open appointments and walk-ins to ensure compliance with Mississippi State Department of Health and CDC regulations, orders, and guidance to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including, but not limited to social distancing while suspending listed services.
- Allowance of groups larger than 20
- Self Service Lamination
For more information, contact the Teacher Resource Center at 601-960-8320.
Thank you again for your continued support, and we hope to serve you soon.
"Helping Teachers Help Themselves"
The TRC provides teachers with a multitude of resources to assist with classroom projects and to upgrade technological and professional skills. The Center serves Jackson Public School District employees as well as a wide range of the metro area's educational community including surrounding school districts, local colleges and universities, churches, and home school parents. The Center is a self-help facility with support specialists who work to assist patrons with available resources. Supplies are available at a minimal charge.
The price list below includes all supplies and materials available in the Teacher Resource Center that can be purchased. Machines such as die-cutters, scissors, markers, and computers can be used for free if you are a JPS employee.