Renaissance myON Reader
Renaissance myON Reader is a student-centered, personalized literacy environment that gives students access to more than 6,000 enhanced digital books and standards-aligned to news articles. To access the digital library, use the login information below.
- Go to the JPS myON Reader site.
- Student Username: JPS
- Student Password: read
Strong Readers = Strong Leaders
Strong Readers = Strong Leaders incorporates Mississippi’s Literacy-Based Promotion Act requiring all 3rd graders to demonstrate they read well enough to be promoted to 4th grade. Parents, educators and community members are all encouraged to be involved in equipping students to be strong readers. Visit us often for the latest resources, activities and news about Mississippi’s literacy campaign. Learn more, through Strong Readers project videos.
MAGNOLIA provides online resources for publicly funded K-12 schools, public libraries, community college libraries, and university libraries in Mississippi. MAGNOLIA online resources include:
- EBSCOhost — supplies a powerful, online reference system offering a variety of full-text magazines, journals, and pamphlets from leading information providers.
- Grolier Products — includes several online encyclopedias.
- SIRS Discoverer — provides an interactive reference tool for elementary and middle school students.
- SIRS Researcher — contains articles from 1,500 domestic and international newspapers, magazines, journals, and US government publications.
- Gale Products — includes literary resources such as Contemporary Authors and EXPLORING Poetry, as well as business reference materials.
- Wilson Biographies — contains the full text of the biographies from more than 100 print volumes of biographical reference books.
- FirstSearch — provides instant access to full text from over 7,500 journals and over 3,100 full-image online journals.
Jackson Hinds Library System
Jackson Hinds Library System provides a multitude of educational resources for students, parents, teachers and others in Jackson, Mississippi and Hinds County.
- Jackson Hinds Library System Online Catalog is an online searchable catalog of library system collections.
- Learning Express Library is a new test-prep resource from the Jackson-Hinds Library System.
- Discovery Education provides students, parents, and teachers fresh ideas to enhance learning.
- Education World is an educational resource sponsored by the American Fidelity Assurance Company.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything! Portal to all Kathy Schrock technology resource sites.
- National Geographic.com offers Features, Travel, Adventure, Maps, Photography, News, Kids, Education, Forums, Live Events, and Exhibition pages. Don't miss the Education sections' Online Adventures and Maps & Geography.
- New York Times Learning Network provides grades 3–12 learning connections for students, teachers, and parents.
- PBS (public television online) offers resources for teachers and kids. The Kid pages include kid favorites such as Arthur, Barney, Clifford, and Mister Rogers.
- Refdesk.com boasts the slogan "Fact checker of the internet."