Advanced Academics Program Applications & Enrollment
JPS Special Programs Applications will be completed online. Application windows will be timed to open and close accordingly. Be sure to select the appropriate application.
The application window for Jackson Middle College for 2023-2024 has re-opened.
Jackson Middle College Application
Jackson Middle College Recommendation Form
662 S. President Street
Jackson, MS 39201
Dr. Chinelo Bosah Evans
Keila R. Adams
Special Programs Enrollment Requirements
Criteria for Enrollment
These are the preferred criteria for special program schools for grades K-12. Seats will be filled with students who meet these criteria first. As additional seats are available, other students may be considered.
- Students must have an 80 or above in all subject areas.
- Students must have the equivalence of proficiency and above performance on local, state and/or national assessments.
- Students must not have had any suspensions or negative behavior in the year prior to application.
- Students must have a positive record of attendance.
- Students residing in the city of Jackson and employees in the district who qualify for the special programs will have first priority.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
As part of the application process, depending on the grade level, program, and current school, the application may require documentation to be attached to the application in order for the application to be reviewed. If you do not have the documentation needed, please contact your child's current school. If you have questions about any of the documents required, please contact the program school to which your child is applying.
- Standardized test score reports for the school year 2021-22 for students in grades 4-11.
- Report cards for the school year 2021-22 and the first term of 2022-2023 for applicants in grades 1-11 and for the first term for students in grades K-1.
- STAR Reading and/or Math Diagnostic Reports for students currently enrolled in a JPS school in grades 1-10.
- Three (3) recommendations should be submitted for the student from the following: school administrator, counselor, teacher, and/or community member. Two of the recommendations must come from faculty members at the student's current school. The links to the recommendation forms are under the links for the program applications.
- Homeschool certificate from the Mississippi Department of Education.
Students enrolled in a daycare or homeschool may submit progress reports or other documentation that can support the academic progress of the child.
JPS Registration Requirements
All students accepted into a JPS special program will be required to complete the Jackson Public School District Registration Requirements in order to be officially enrolled. All requirements for enrollment can be found on the Enrollment Services page. Please note there are annual transfer and enrollment requirements for all transfer students, including in-district and out-of-district transfers.
Students enrolling from a non-accredited private school or from a home school may be required to complete a District assessment. See JPS Board Policy JKH.
Students aren't all cut from the same mold. Different personalities, interests, and learning styles add up to a variety of educational needs. The Jackson Public School District offers students a strong, broad-based choice of special programs to help meet these needs and cultivate a lifelong love of learning.
For more information about the individual programs, please click on the program name.
- Arts Access (Grades K-5)
- Academics and Performing Arts Complex (APAC)
- Elementary Academics (Grades 4-5)
- Elementary Arts (Grades 4-5)
- Secondary Academics (Grades 6-12)
- Secondary Arts (Grades 6-12)
- Early College High School (Grade 9)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Primary Years Programme (Grades K-5)
- Middle Years Programme (Grades 6-10)
- Diploma Programme (Grades 11-12)
- Middle College High School