Jackson Public Schools has adopted the Infosnap online registration program. Infosnap online registration is a secure process which allows a District to verify all demographic, emergency and medical information for each student prior to the start of the new school year. The system will also allow parents or legal guardians to electronically sign the annual permission/agreement forms for school district policies.
What would you like to do?
- Find a school attendance zone. Contact the JPS Transportation Department at (601) 973-8513 or (601) 973-8518 or contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (601) 960-8852.
- Complete online registration with InfoSnap—In English or In Spanish.
- Read detailed information about the registration process—JPS Pupil Registration (PDF).
- For registration help, call the Office of Enrollment Services at (601) 960-8852.
Parents must make an initial visit to the school in their attendance zone to begin the online registration process. Although registration can be completed online, parents must go to the school with supporting documentation in order to receive a registration code. This step ensures the security of student data. Completing registration online requires access to a desktop computer and the Internet. This can be at home or at the library. However, each JPS school has Internet-accessible computers for parents to use for registration as well as available staff to help with completing the process.
New Student Enrollment (Pre-K and Kindergarten)
Registration for Pre-K students and Kindergarten students new to Jackson Public Schools for the 2017-2018 School Year begins April 10, 2017, and continues through May 23, 2017.
Pre-K students who have gone through the screening and evaluation process and have an approval letter should report to the designated school listed on the approval letter for spring registration. Students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 of the current school term to enter kindergarten and six (6) years old on or before September 1 of the current school term to register for the first grade.
Parents/guardians of new pre-K students and new kindergarten students to the district should report to their zone school with proper documentation for enrollment. Documents that can be accepted as proofs of residency can be found in the JPS Registration Procedures. The school can also provide this information.
Returning and New Student Enrollment
Registration for returning students and for new students to Jackson Public Schools for the 2017-2018 School Year begins July 11, 2017.
In order to complete registration, the following documents are required for ALL students enrolling in JPS schools for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Certified copy of student’s birth certificate (long form)
- Certificate of Immunization (121 Form) issued by the state of Mississippi
- Two Proofs of Residency documents. These can be found on the Registration Requirements page.
Jackson Public Schools is asking all parents/legal guardians to secure these documents so that they are readily available at the time of registration. It is the District’s intention for students to start school on the first day.