Make a difference. Be a substitute teacher.
Jackson Public Schools is always looking for great substitute teachers. We have enlisted the support of Kelly Educational Staffing Services to help us locate qualified and interested individuals for this role.
Kelly® Education is proud to partner with Jackson Public Schools to provide exceptional substitute teachers. We’re a company that invests in our employees, recognizes their achievements, and is committed to the noble purpose of educating our youth.
Substitute teaching offers meaningful work that directly gives back to our community and makes a positive difference in the lives of students every single day. We have limitless opportunities for passionate people to inspire and educate students. You’ll have the option to work in the schools of your choice and to create a flexible schedule that works around your other life commitments.
Whether you’re new to teaching or a seasoned educator, our goal is to ensure you always have the skills you need to succeed in the classroom—starting with free pre-hire training, paid orientation, and our investment in your ongoing professional development.
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn. Fill out an Interest Form to be a substitute teacher in Jackson Public Schools!
What benefits will I receive?
- Kelly offers a variety of employee plans and resources that support our employees' health and retirement-related goals.
You can enroll in various standard voluntary benefit plans, including telemedicine, limited medical, dental, vision, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, and short-term disability.
Employees also have access to ACA (Affordable Care Act) plans and free resources that assist with plan selection and explanation of benefits.
In addition to insurance plans, employees have access to other health-related programs. These are:
- Kelly’s Life Advisor Wellness Program - access to counselors to assist with a wide range of issues, including Life Coaching sessions.
- BurnAlong Fitness Program - a variety of wellness and fitness classes.
- Access 2 Wellness - lower medication costs.
- Kelly also provides other benefits, such as a Commuter Benefit Plan for those who use mass transit or have parking expenses; a partnership with Moonlighting that offers access to pro-membership tools especially helpful to freelancers; and free membership with iPSE, an association dedicated to policy reform on behalf of America’s 52 million independent workers.
- Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
- Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
- Instructing students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
- Building positive relationships
- Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
- Motivate students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
- Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Adapt to the various learning styles of students
- For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lesson plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments.
- Minimum requirement: 48 college credits
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute teacher
Kelly offers many exciting perks to employees. Perks are special access to platforms and programs you can use or select that’ll give you a leg up.
Two of our most notable perks are The Kelly Talent Learning Center and our PerkSpot Program.
Kelly Talent Learning Center
Employees get free access to thousands of courses, videos, books, audiobooks, and other learning content. We’ve partnered with Skillsoft, a learning platform vendor, to create this fabulous opportunity for our employees to get serious about their career advancement.
Please visit the Kelly Talent Learning Center page to learn more.
Kelly is a partner with PerkSpot, an online place to find discounts and rebates on goods and services from many of today’s best-known name brands in the U.S. Through PerkSpot’s partnerships with thousands of popular retailers and service providers, you can obtain discounts for almost anything you can buy.
It’s a one-stop shop for all the best discounts, deals, and savings.
Kelly has developed partnerships with many educational and learning organizations to offer employees opportunities to gain skills and credentials at deeply discounted rates.
Here is a list of our educational and learning partners:
- The University of Arizona Global Campus
- Clear University
- Colorado Technical University
- Devry University & Keller Graduate School of Management
- Kenzie Academy
- University of Phoenix
Your next steps
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you will receive a response to your application within 24-48 hours. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute teacher? We’re always looking for more role models!
To find out how you can become a substitute teacher, visit kellyeducationalstaffing.us today!
Kelly Educational Staffing
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the benefits of working as a substitute teacher include:
How much will I get paid?
What are the Requirements?
How do I get started as a Substitute Teacher
Jackson Public School District is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more, visit our equal opportunity employment policy (GAAF-BAB).