TOPIC FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES JPS RESPONSIBILITIES PPE & Supplies
- Launder/clean face coverings.
- Replace unserviceable face coverings.
- Provide 2 face coverings (Grades 3-12) and 1 face shield (Grades PK-2) for all JPS scholars.
- Provide hand sanitizer, soap, gloves, and disinfectants to custodial teams.
- Check your child's temperature each morning.
- Keep your child at home when sick.
Check temperatures for scholars prior to boarding buses and all staff/scholars at the entry of schools.
- Provide internet connectivity for child's device OR indicate a need for support with connectivity.
- Provide an internet-ready device for all JPS scholars.
- Provide technical support to parents.
- Register your returning scholar for school online.
- Register your new scholar at Poindexter Complex by appointment (601) 960-8850.
- Offer online registration support to families.
- Streamline new scholar registration appointment process.
- Communicate any symptoms or illness to your child's teacher.
- Provide updated contact information in event of a move or life change.
- Provide frequent and timely updates on our website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube).
- Launch new JPS mobile app with push notifications with key updates.
- Monitor your child's progress with virtual learning.
- Provide a quiet space and a consistent schedule for completing online coursework.
- Provide high-quality virtual instruction.
- Develop engaging units for scholars learning virtually.
Last Modified on November 20, 2020