TOPIC FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES JPS RESPONSIBILITIES PPE & Supplies
- Launder/clean face coverings.
- Replace unserviceable face coverings.
- Provide 2 face coverings (Grades 3-12) and 1 face shield (Grades PK-2) for all JPS scholars.
- Provide hand sanitizer, soap, gloves, and disinfectants to custodial teams.
- Check your child's temperature each morning.
- Keep your child at home when sick.
Check temperatures for scholars and all staff/scholars at the entry of schools.
- Provide internet connectivity for child's device OR indicate the need for
support with connectivity.
- Inspect scholar’s device monthly and alert school of damage or loss.
- Become familiar with Technology Handbook requirements.
- Keep your device charged overnight.
- Provide an internet-ready device for all JPS scholars.
- Provide technical support to parents.
- Register your returning scholar for school online through ActiveParent.
- Register your new scholar at Poindexter Complex by appointment (601) 960-8850.
- Offer online registration support to families.
- Streamline new scholar registration appointment process.
- Communicate any symptoms or illness to your child's teacher/school.
- Provide updated contact information in event of a move or life change.
- Provide frequent and timely updates on our mobile app, website, and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube).
Last Modified on May 28, 2021