Depending on their grade level, JPS families will have TWO options for educating their scholars in the spring. Once selected, families will maintain their instructional option through the end of the grading term.
If the impact of COVID-19 impedes the District from implementing the traditional and hybrid instructional models, we will be prepared to move into a distance learning model. During this time, students will utilize online platforms to receive instruction and complete assignments. This will allow students to remain on track within the curriculum. Distance learning days may also be used to assist with transitioning back into the traditional and hybrid learning environments after extended breaks. Students will be held accountable for attendance and assignments during this online learning time.
Traditional/Onsite Learning Program
The Traditional/Onsite Learning Program for elementary scholars will consist of the following:
- Blended instructional delivery will be used in classrooms Monday-Friday. Students will use technology frequently to access learning programs and electronic textbooks and the like.
- Extra care and consideration will be provided to our youngest scholars in regard to matters such as maintaining a safe environment, reinforcing behavior expectations, and breaks.
- Reduced activities to achieve distance learning. By activities, we are referring to things like assemblies, field trips, and athletic programs.
Virtual Learning Program
The Virtual Learning Program for elementary, middle, and high school scholars will consist of the following:
- Scholars will use technology for both synchronous (real-time) and asynchronous (video) learning experiences each day.
- Teachers will engage scholars in learning experiences based on a clearly-defined schedule.
- Scholars with special needs will be supported by the classroom teacher as well as other support staff.
- Parents/guardians will provide additional support and guidance with learning outcomes.
Hybrid Learning Program
Hybrid Learning for middle and high school scholars will consist of the following:
- A/B Day Schedules
- Middle: Scholars alternate in-person attendance days based on the assigned cohort (Cohort 1, A; Cohort 2, B)
- High: Scholars alternate in-person attendance in core subjects by grade (9th & 10th, A; 11th & 12th, B)
Parents, please let us know your scholar's learning option.
1. Go to the JPS Parent Smart Restart Learning Option Portal.
2. Enter the unique password for each child, formatted as follows:
School Code (Look up your 3-digit school code.)
Student's First Name & Last Initial
Students Date of Birth (6 digits, MMDDYY, no spaces or dashes.)
Example: The unique password for John Smith, enrolled at Casey Elementary and born May 25, 2015, would be entered as 020JohnS052515.