Pre-K Registration Process 2022-2023
Step 1 - Eligibility
- The child must be four years old before September 1st of the school year.
- The child must be completely potty-trained.
- The child must be a Jackson resident.
Step 2 - Apply
Pre-Kindergarten registration will be by appointment only. To make an appointment with your zoned school, click on the "schedule a school appointment" link under "Quick Links". Parents must complete a parent application at one site only.
Step 3 - Required Documents
The following items must be presented at the time of your scheduled appointment/screening:
- A state ID or driver's License
- A Mississippi Immunization Compliance Form 121
- Student's Original, Long-form, Certified Birth Certificate (child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2022)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residency within the school zone the child will attend.
- Copy of mortgage document, filed homestead exemption, property deed, or current lease agreement AND
- One (1) current utility bill (Atmos Energy, Jackson Water & Sewer or Entergy) or Voter Registration Card showing residence property address
- Notarized Affidavit of Shared Residency, if applicable
- Notarized Affidavit of Non-Parental, if applicable
Step 4 - Confirmation/School Registration
Once the application is processed and all documents are verified, you will receive an acceptance email requiring you to complete registration. Your child will not be enrolled in school until the registration process, as outlined in the acceptance email, is complete.