Jackson Public Schools uses Online Student Registration (OSR) powered by Central Access Corporation. OSR is a user-friendly module that allows parents/legal guardians to register and update student information using the ActiveParent Portal. Registering using OSR is a secure process that allows the District to verify all demographic, emergency and medical information for each student prior to the start of the new school year.
What would you like to do?
- Find a school attendance zone: Contact the Transportation Department at (601) 973-8513 or (601) 973-8518, your child’s school, or the Office of Enrollment Services at (601) 960-8852.
- Read detailed information about the registration process: JPS Student Registration (PDF).
- Get Help with Registration: Call (601) 960-8852.
The documents in the lists below are required at the time of registration.
Proofs of Residency
The parent/legal guardian of a student seeking to enroll in a school shall provide the school district with at least two proofs of residency. The documents must be in the name of the adult enrolling the student. Examples of acceptable documents are included below. Only one document from each required group (I & II) will be accepted. Refer to JPS Student Registration (PDF) for details.
- Mortgage Documents/Property Deed
- Filed Homestead Application
- Lease/Rental Agreement* (Enrolling parent must be listed as an occupant.)
- Light Utility – Entergy**
- Gas Utility – Atmos**
- Water/Sewer Utility – Jackson Water & Sewer**
- Driver's License/State ID (Government-issued with current residential address)
- Voter’s Registration Card
* Lease/Rental Agreement must be within the current year or shows month-to-month stipulation after the expiration year.
** All utility bills must be within the last 30 days.
For more help getting started with registration, contact the Office of Enrollment Services at (601) 960-8852.
- All incoming seventh graders for the 2020–2021 school year must have their Tdap vaccination before registration can be completed.
- Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1. For pre-K student enrollment, please contact the Pre-K office at (601) 960-4002.
- Kindergartners must be five years old on or before September 1.
- First graders must be six years old on or before September 1.
- Uniforms—JPS students in pre-K through eighth grade are required to wear uniforms. See the Student Uniforms Page for details.
- Immunization—Students must meet all Mississippi Department of Health requirements. Visit the Mississippi Department of Health's Immunization Requirements Page.
- See JPS Student Registration (PDF) for information regarding Guardianship (Section III), Homeless Children (Section V), and Transfer Requests (Section VI).