News & Features
September 1, 2022 - Eight JPS music educators completed certification levels I or II of the American Orff Schulwerk Association (AOSA) for music educators during the summer of 2022 at Jackson State University.
November 5, 2021 - Jackson Public Schools is honored to have four trailblazing educators as October’s Administrators of the Month.
November 3, 2021 – Ask for More Jackson celebrated ten Outstanding Educators from the Jackson Public School District who inspire hope, ignite imagination and instill a love for learning in scholars.
October 28, 2021 - Ten music instructors from JPS schools have completed certification Levels I, II, or III and the Master Class of the American Orff Schulwerk Association (AOSA) for music educators.
Elementary Academic Schedule
(Grades K - 5)
7:00 a.m.- 2:15 p.m.Morning Schedule:
- 7:00 a.m. Student Arrive/Breakfast
- 7:20 a.m. Bell for Teachers/Students Move to Classrooms for Instruction
- 7:30 a.m. Instruction Begins
- 7:40 a.m. Students are Tardy/Breakfast Ends
Early Dismissals (Teacher PD 80% Day) Every Last Tuesday of Each Month
- 1:45 pm Early Dismissals End
- 2:00 p.m. Walkers Dismiss
- 2:05 p.m. Car Riders Dismiss
- 2:10 p.m. Van Riders Dismiss
- 2:15 p.m. Bus Riders Dismiss
- 3:00 p.m. Instructional Teacher Assistants Dismiss
- 3:30 p.m. Teachers Dismiss
- 1:15 p.m. Bus/Car/Van Riders and Walkers Dismiss
Sykes Elementary Schools will use In-Person & Virtual learning models to provide quality
instruction in all core academic courses.