Web Accessibility Statement
Jackson Public Schools is committed to making our websites accessible to all members of the public. This includes individuals with disabilities and users of assistive devices. This also includes parents, students, employees, and all others associated with our District. We aim to provide access to our content to everyone, regardless of ability, through the implementation of accessibility best practices.
What We Are Doing
We are updating our website to bring it into compliance with the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA.
The measures we are taking include the following:
- Organizing content.
- Using section headings.
- Adding alternative text for images.
- Making link text descriptive.
- Providing ongoing accessibility training to content contributors.
- Conducting quality assurance checks to ensure we are making continuous progress toward compliance.
- Addressing additional features and functionality with our website provider.
Most of our site’s content is provided in HTML. Some longer documents are published in the Portable Document Format (PDF). These can be viewed or accessed with the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader. (No endorsement is implied.)
Share Your Feedback
We welcome feedback from all users of our website. If you have any concerns or ideas that would help us improve accessibility, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a web address along with the description of the problem.