Home > Departments > Enrollment Services

Office of Enrollment Services

662 South President Street, Jackson, Mississippi 39201
Phone: (601) 960-8852 • Fax: (601) 973-8541
Hours: 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday

Dr. Sherard S. Hollins
Director of Accountability, (601) 960-8853

Gloria Gordon
Registration Specialist, (601) 960-8853

William Thomas
Registration Specialist, (601) 960-8852

Niema Tillman
Registration Specialist, (601) 960-8852

The Office of Enrollment Services helps families register students for school. Jackson Public Schools provides online registration powered by Infosnap. Information about the registration process is included below. For detailed instructions see the JPS Pupil Registration procedures. For questions, or concerns call (601) 960-8852. You may also call that number for help with online registration. Additionally, you may e-mail supportinfosnap@jackson.k12.ms.us.

Registration Requirements

New Student Documentation—Parents of new students must provide the following original documents when enrolling students for school.

  • Certified copy of the student’s birth certificate (long form)
  • Certificate of Immunization issued by the state of Mississippi on Form 121 or Medical Exemption Certificate
  • Social Security card
  • Report card from student’s previous school
  • Transcripts for students entering 10th–12th grades
  • Two proofs of residency documents

Proof of Residency—Parents or legal guardians may be asked to provide two proofs of residency to enroll students. The items must be in the name of the parent or legal guardian. See Proofs of Residency below and in Section II of the JPS Pupil Registration procedures for details.

Uniforms—JPS students in pre-K through eighth grade are required to wear uniforms. See the Mandatory Uniforms page for details.

School Age—Kindergartners must be five (5) years old on or before September 1st. First graders must be six (6) years old on or before September 1st.

Immunization—Students must meet all Mississippi Department of Health requirements. Visit the Mississippi Department of Health's Immunization Requirements page.

General Information

In order to start the registration process, both new and returning students must be issued a Snapcode by the school in order to gain access to our registration site. Parents must make an initial visit to the school in their attendance zone to begin the online registration process. The adult completing registration must present a current and valid state issued photo identification to the school in order to register any student.

Follow the appropriate steps in Section I of the JPS Pupil Registration procedures to obtain a Snapcode and begin the registration process. This document includes enrollment procedures for the following student groups:

  • New students
  • Returning students
  • Pre-Kindergarten students
  • Pre-School Exceptional Education students
  • Advance Academic students

For more help getting started with registration, go to the JPS Online Registration page.

Proofs of Residency

The parent/guardian of a student seeking to enroll in a school shall provide the school district with at least two proofs of residency. The documents must be in the name of the adult enrolling the student. Examples of acceptable documents are included below. Only one document from each group will be accepted. See Section II of the JPS Pupil Registration procedures for details.

  • Group 1 – Acceptable documents include mortgage documents or property deed; Apartment or home lease; Filed homestead exemption application form
  • Group 2 – Acceptable documents include utility bills dated within the last two months or utility deposit receipt. Cell phone bills and cable bills cannot be accepted.
  • Group 3 – Acceptable documents include automobile registration or automobile insurance; driver’s license; voter registration card; IRS documents from the most recent tax year, etc.

In-District Transfer Requests

In-District transfer requests will not be reviewed for approval until after September 7, 2015. Students must report to their zone school until a decision has been reached.

District-to-District Transfer Requests

Submit your request for District-to-District transfers using the JPS District-to-District Transfer Request Form. Specific procedures for this process are included in the JPS Pupil Registration Procedures.

More Information

The JPS Pupil Registration procedures includes information about sections covering Guardianship (Section III), Homeless Children (Section IV), and Transfer Requests (Section V).

Related Links: