JPS Beliefs, Goals, Vision, and Mission
Recognizing that all children can learn, we believe that:
- Students and parents are the primary customers of our schools.
- Parents, students, schools, and the community are joined in a partnership of mutual respect.
- Students deserve quality work that is engaging, challenging, and satisfying.
- Schools, in partnership with a supportive community, must provide a safe learning environment.
- Students deserve teachers, administrators, and support staff who are caring, competent, and knowledgeable.
- Our success will be mirrored in the success and growth of our community.
- Improve academic performance and achievement for all students.
- Improve state accreditation standing of each school.
- Ensure safe schools; protect the health and safety of all students.
- Ensure strong and effective discipline policies, both in the home school and by means of alternative school intervention.
- Upgrade school facilities and improve building maintenance.
- Reduce overcrowding.
- Increase average daily attendance; decrease truancy.
- Attract and retain high quality teachers and administrators, and provide professional development that will further the goals and objectives of the district.
- Improve parental and community involvement at all levels in the school system.
- Implement and maintain strategic planning.
Our vision is to become a top-ranked learning community that graduates productive, caring citizens who are prepared to succeed in a global society.
Jackson Public Schools, an innovative, urban district committed to excellence, will provide every student a quality education in partnership with parents and the community.