JPS Campus Enforcement
2601 Ivanhoe Ave
Jackson, MS 39213
Gerald Jones, Executive Director
The Jackson Public School District Campus Enforcement Department is dedicated to excellence by establishing an environment in which its members and the school community thrive. We seek positive change through cost effective innovative methods and remain committed to maintaining the public trust.
We dedicate ourselves to becoming a part of the school community with a mutual and shared commitment to positive youth development. Together we seek to provide effective and efficent solutions to problems through a proactive team approach in the school community. We seek to improve the quality of the educational environment because our students and employees are our most valuable assets and the cornerstone of our department.
Campus Enforcement Department
- Employs 136 officers, analysts, and technicians
- Patrols approximately 91 buildings and approximately 1,650 acres of land.
- Protects approximately $8 million in inventory.
- Provides security for 6,850 employees; 30,000+ students and their parents, and 510 Vehicles.
- Responds to approximately 34,200 service calls per year.
Campus Enforcement Facts
- 85% of Campus Enforcement personnel are certified by the Mississippi Department of Education's Safe and Orderly Schools.
- 60% of Campus Enforcement personnel are members of the (M.A.S.R.O.) Mississippi Association of School Resource Officers;
- 23 officers are certified by the (N.A.S.R.O.) National Association of School Resource Officers;
- 25 officers are members of the (N.A.S.R.O.) National Association of School Resource Officers;
- 4 out of 7 Communication Dispatchers are certified by the National Emergency Dispatchers Association.
Campus Enforcement Education Programs
Campus enforcement offers education programs for JPS schools. Principals may schedule a program by completing the Campus Enforcement Education Programs School Request Form. The following programs are available:
- Emergency 911
- Stranger Danger
- Firearms Safety
- Bicycle Safety
- Fire Safety
For more information about Campus Enforcement Education Programs, contact Sgt. Eric Greene, JPS Office of of Campus Enforcement, 601-960-8829.