Accountability & Research
The primary mission of the Office of Accountability & Research is to provide relevant data that is consistent and accurate in a timely manner.
OAR Work Priorities
- Continue to implement SPMS and provide rigorous assessments aligned with district and state standards that will be mirrored in school level common assessments.
- Implement the Data Warehouse, which will systematically compile data and generate accurate and reliable reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive professional development plan, which empowers stakeholders to utilize SPMS, assessments, and the Data Warehouse to drive instruction.
The Office of Accountability & Research envisions a school district where:
- District decision-makers collect and analyze multiple sources of process and outcome evidence to improve teaching and learning;
- Decisions to institutionalize educational interventions are based on valid, reliable evaluation and research;
- Our department will excel to the highest standards of quality research;
- Staff can understand, participate in and implement educational research;
- District assessments are aligned to state standards;
- District and state assessments are analyzed, understood and used by schools to enhance teaching and learning;
- There is an improvement in student performance due to the collection, analysis and use of student data.