[Available in Spanish]
District-wide school registration will take place Monday, July 23, 2012, through Friday, August 3, 2012, from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. each day. Parents of students in grades pre-K through 12 must register students at their schools during these dates and times.
All students must be registered at the school for which they are zoned for the 2012-2013 school year. Refer to the JPS Schools Map, School Zone Street Listings, or call the Office of Pupil Placement at (601) 960-8852, for help identifying your student's school. Students accepted into a magnet school program must be registered at their program school for the 2012-2013 school year. No special transfers will be approved by school level administration. Such transfers may only be approved by the Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and Curriculum or the Superintendent.
School Registration Requirements:
- All students must be registered before they are officially admitted into a JPS school. Two proofs of residency (must be in parents' or legal guardian's name) are required to complete registration. Proofs of residency may be any two (2) of the following items:
- Current utility bill (for example, telephone, water, gas, light, cable)
- Homestead exemption/mortgage deed, apartment or home lease
- Automobile registration/current insurance/current tag information
- Paper work from DHS concerning Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF, CHIPS, or Child Care Certificates
- Letter of employment (no check stubs)
- Recent tax papers
- Paper work for unemployment, disability or social security income
- All students must be registered by a parent or legal guardian.
- Students who have not been properly registered will not receive a class schedule, nor will they be placed on the school's roll of attendance.
Parents, please note that students must meet all Mississippi Department of Health requirements, including the new Tdap vaccination requirement for all seventh graders beginning 2012-2013.