ActiveParent is a web-based application parents can use to keep track of students’ records. JPS parents with more than one student can access records for all of them with one account.
The goal of ActiveParent is to provide parents and guardians the ability to say their ABCs—check students’ Attendance, Behavior and Course Performance. ActiveParent provides student information as soon as it is entered into SAM (Student Administration Manager).
Overview of the ActiveParent Screen
Student information is organized by the following tabs in ActiveParent:
- News – News from the District and the student's school
- Schedule – Student's current class schedule
- Attendance – Student's attendance report
- Gradebook – Student's term grades, daily grades, and homework assignments
- Discipline – Student's discipline reports
What would you like to do?
Creating an ActiveParent account:
- Go to https://jps.activeparent.net/.
- Click on Sign up for an ActiveParent Account and fill in the required fields.
- Enter user information. The first screen requests the following information about the user (parent/guardian) of the account:
- First and last name
- Address (street, city, and zip code)
- Home phone
- Email address
- Create a username and a password for the account. The username and password must be six or more characters with any combination of letters or numbers. Please keep a record of the username and password that you create for future reference.
- Enter student information. After completing the user information, the next screens request the following information about your child(ren) enrolled in JPS:
- First and last name
- Last four digits of his/her social security number
- Click the Add Student button.
- Repeat this process for any additional children.
- After completing information for all your children enrolled in JPS, click the Submit Request button.
- Before you can use your account, it must be activated by a school official. This process could take a few days, depending on the number of requests that are made.
Recovering an ActiveParent Password:
Parents can now retrieve their passwords by clicking the Forgot Your Password? link on the ActiveParent website. Once you enter your username, the system will send a message to the e-mail address on file with instructions for resetting the password.
Reporting an ActiveParent Issue
It is the District’s intent to provide parents with the most accurate and current information about school news, scheduling, grades, attendance, and discipline. If this information is not being regularly updated for your child, please let us know by reporting an ActiveParent issue.